Sunday, March 19, 2017

How is father's love any lesser? Series-1


No, I am not an activist. 
                       
                     I am the father to a 2.5-year-old child.
                                                    
                                  My love for my child is in no way lesser to that of his Mother.                                                                                
                                                       Yes, I do not have a womb. But, I have a heart that lactates.




The Embrace of - My Son

I took my lil Chimp in my arms, held him close to my heart,  he brushed his face along my chest.  All of a sudden, I had a lil lump in my heart at that very moment. My eyes went moist. A stream of joy trickled down freely down my cheek.

Being a father is an emotion which cannot be put in words and explained.




It was a similar night,  
when crescent moon
kindled the skies,
a tiny Lil star twinkled,
my lil child was born.

I bore him in my heart,
The heart which lactates.

Ah, mortal
You measure it not!









                                                                              © 2016 Ajay Pai (Reserved)
                                                                          Image courtesy : AJ's archives.

to be continued...

0 comments: